Key Operational Goals
- Youth as agents of change.
- Saving lives and promoting healthy and safe living.
- Doing more, doing better, reaching further.
Youth can be agents of positive change. The activities of YRC help to guide youth in a self-reflective manner, enabling them to learn about themselves. It helps to train young people for today and tomorrow. It unlocks their talents and strengthens their skills & beliefs that they can do something useful for the community. The core mission of YRC is saving lives, protecting livelihoods and strengthening resilience and recovery, promoting healthy and safe living, and social inclusion in a culture of peace and non-violence.
- Imparting First –Aid training for students in association with ST. John’s Ambulance service.
- Participating in Geneva Conventions week celebrations every year to commemorate the anniversary of the First Geneva Convention Treaty.
- Providing medicines / First- Aid for staff and students.
- Visiting Orphanages, Old age homes and donating money and stationery collected from students.
- Conducting various competitions like Quiz, Debate, Drawing, Poster Designing, and Face Painting for the students to create awareness on key social issues.
Reaching out to the Community
- Visited Ophthalmic Govt. Hospital, Egmore and rendered services like crowd regulation, outpatient registration and traffic control.
- Participated in the campus cleaning held at Indian Red Cross Society Headquarters, Egmore.
- Participated in a Blood Donation Camp organized by IRCS at Raj Bhavan, Guindy.
- Participated at the rally for “WORLD PEACE” organized by IRCS at Valluvar Kottam.