The College has a spacious ground equipped with facilities to promote sports activities. The ground has a permanent Dias, cubicles for changing and wash rooms. The ground is well maintained and is used to conduct tournaments and offer training for various games like Cricket, Volleyball, Football, Throwball, Handball, Kho-Kho and track events.
The physical education department organises general fitness camp for the players of the college regularly. The features of the training camp are:
- General fitness training
- Sports specific training
- Training on techniques of games by external experts.
National level Kho-kho Coach who trains the University “A” zone and National Teams provides special training for Kho-Kho.
- Chess, Table Tennis, Carrom
- Football, Cricket, Volleyball, Handball, Kabaddi, Kho Kho, Track events
The college is pioneer in encouraging sports activities by conducting special tournaments at National and State Level.
KUMARARAJAH M.A.M MUTHIAH MEMORIAL GOLD CUP TOURNAMENT is the annual signature sports event of the college. The tournament includes,
- National Level Volley Ball
- State level Kho kho and
- Inter collegiate Throw ball competitions.
To provide a platform for the students to bring out their sports skill, the college celebrates annual sports day during the second week of January. The students of the college are grouped into various houses and compete as a team in the sports events. Over all championship and runner up awards, March-past award and individual awards are given on sports day.
The college recognises the special sports skills of the students. They receive special recognition awards,
- Best sports person of the year (Men & Women)
- Best Volunteer for sports (Men & Women)
- Sports persons are awarded extra marks for their outstanding contribution to sports.