Students’ council gives an opportunity to the students to develop leadership and organising skills in carrying out activities and service projects. The council coordinates with the Director, Fine Arts and their respective Departments in organising co-curricular and extracurricular activities. Students’ council of the college functions with the Principal as its Patron and Director, Fine Arts as its cultural coordinator.
Eligibility for students to become council members shall be as follows:
• 75% attendance during each semester
• 55% marks minimum in semester Examinations and no backlog of papers
• Good conduct in the college as per college records.
• Exceptions in the case of sports and culturals are given based on their talents and participation.
Composition of student council includes President, Vice- President, Association Secretaries of various departments, Extension Services units, Arts and Culture, Sports and Library.
Students associations for various departments help to sharpen their skills and also expose their latent talent. The associations’ secretary work along with the students’ council to organise the events and programs. The associations organise intra, inter department and inter college technical and business fests.
Associations of each department help to
• nurture organising Skills
• develop leadership traits
• build coordination and teamwork
• bring out creative talent and potential
ASSOCIATIONS OF VARIOUS DEPARTMENTS
• EXCALIBRE- English
• TAMILOLI- Tamil
• SAAWAN- Hindi
• TARANGINI – Sanskrit
• EGALITE- French
Mathematical & Electronic Sciences
• BRAINMAT – Mathematics
• ELECTROSOC – Electronics and Communication Science
Computational Sciences and Information Technology
• ICONS – Computer Applications
• NETIZEN – Computer Science and Information Technology
• PRAKRITI – Microbiology
• GENETRICKS – Biotechnology
• FOCUS – Commerce
• BENEVOLENT AUTOCRATS – Business Administration
• CONVERGENCE – Corporate Secretaryship
• MAGNUM OPUS – Accounting and Finance ( shift 2)
• Freez Framez – Media Club ( Viscom)
• SPECTATOR – English
• VANAVIL – Tamil
• RHIMZIM – Hindi
• GNANAVANI – Sanskrit
• MATIK SPARK– Mathematics
• QUEST- Electronics
• IT SCOOP – Computer Science, BCA and IT
• BIZTIMES ( B.com General, BBA, B.Com Corp.Sec , B.Com Acc& Fin)
• UJJIVATHI ( Microbiology, Biotechnology )
• N- Dimensions ( Mathematics)
• Bits and Pieces ( Business Administration)
• Corpo Epic ( Corporate Secretaryship)
• PG BULLETIN – BIOTECH AND BANK MANAGEMENT
EVENTS ORGANISED BY THE ASSOCIATIONS:
• Paper Presentations
• DigiVitea visual presentations
• Mind Mapping
• Cross Word
• Moot – Court
• Mock meetings
• Ethnic / Corpo Walk
• Investment Planner
• Best Manager
• Management Games
• Business Plan
• Circuit Debugging
• Project Expo
• Treasure Hunt
• Essay / Script writing
• Pot purri and many more
Fine arts (Culturals)
Centre for Fine Arts
The Centre for Fine Arts unmasks, fosters and exhibits the talent of the students in visual and performing art forms like drawing, painting, designing, photography, dance, music, crafts etc., Any student with interest in a particular art form can register his/her name with one or multiple clubs. The centre trains the students in the chosen art form and conducts competitions and encourages the students to participate in various competitions organized by other institutions.
List of Clubs
Twirls – Dance Club of KRMMC (Western & other dance forms)
Allegro – Music Club
Chatter Box – Oratorical Club (Tamil & English)
Decibels – KRMMC Orchestra
Arena – Theatre Club of KRMMC
The Mirror View – Mimicry, mime & Street Play club
Kreative Korner – Crafts Club of KRMMC
Mock Tails – Variety Entertainment Club
• Introduce different art forms and their uniqueness
• Organising training sessions on different art forms to give wide exposure
• Conduct workshops and demo sessions
• Creating opportunity to show case the talents of the students to gain experience
• Organise competitions
• Encourage students to participate in competitions organised by other entities
• Engage in in-house production of plays, songs etc.,
• Inculcate the spirit of appreciation and celebrate art form among the members of the club
INDRADHANUSH- INTER DEPARTMENTAL FEST
This Inter-department cultural fest aims to bring out the best talent of the students every year. Various on stage and off stage events are organised like classical music, light music, classical and western dance, instrumental performances, variety entertainment, mime, cooking, drawing, mehendi, bridal makeup etc.
HUES – INTER COLLEGE CULTURAL FEST
This intercollegiate extravaganza is held during the month of December in a grand manner where students from various colleges participate and win prizes. Innovative events are planned carefully to make it interesting for the students. Attractive prizes are offered for the winners. Hues also serves as a platform for students of the college to develop their organisational skills.
RECOGNITION FOR FINE ARTS
Students with noteworthy performance record in fine arts during their period of study in the college are recognised with following awards.
• Ms. Kalaiselvi Memorial award for Best Tamil Oratorical skills
• Special appreciation awards for students who excel in fine arts by the management.
• Dr.Santha Memorial award one for excellence in fine arts and other, a Tamil literary award.
The College has a spacious ground equipped with facilities to promote sports activities. The ground has a permanent Dias, cubicles for changing and wash rooms. The ground is well maintained and is used to conduct tournaments and offer training for various games like Cricket, Volleyball, Football, Throwball, Handball, Kho-Kho and track events.
The physical education department organises general fitness camp for the players of the college regularly. The features of the training camp are:
1. General fitness training
2. Sports specific training
3. Training on techniques of games by external experts.
National level Kho-kho Coach who trains the University “A” zone and National Teams provides special training for Kho-Kho.
Chess, Table Tennis, Carrom
Football, Cricket, Volleyball, Handball, Kabaddi, Kho Kho, Track events
The college is pioneer in encouraging sports activities by conducting special tournaments at National and State Level.
KUMARARAJAH M.A.M MUTHIAH MEMORIAL GOLD CUP TOURNAMENT is the annual signature sports event of the college. The tournament includes,
1. National Level Volley Ball
2. State level Kho kho and
3. Inter collegiate Throw ball competitions.
To provide a platform for the students to bring out their sports skill, the college celebrates annual sports day during the second week of January. The students of the college are grouped into various houses and compete as a team in the sports events. Over all championship and runner up awards, March-past award and individual awards are given on sports day.
RECOGNITION FOR SPORTS
The college recognises the special sports skills of the students. They receive special recognition awards
1. Best sports person of the year (Men & Women)
2. Best Volunteer for sports (Men & Women)
3. Sports persons are awarded extra marks for their outstanding contribution to sports.