Extension service unit offer student’s opportunity to learn life enhancing skills through rendering services and outreach activities to the neighbourhood. Students have to maintain the services record during their period of study.
The various Extension service units are
NSS/ ROTARACT/ NATURE CLUB/YRC/LEO CLUB/ KALAM CLUB
• All the first year students are members of the YRC club.
• All the second year students are members of the Nature Club.
• Apart from being members in YRC and Nature club, each student should choose to be a member in either NSS or Rotaract Club for a period of three years.
• Students, in addition, can join LEO club and Kalam club for Youth Development
• Every extension service club is managed by a staff coordinator and all the extension services clubs’ functions are facilitated by the Extension services Director.
• Each club has student coordinators and secretaries as well.
• Each student should earn one credit in the final year under the code CES6Q for the community services rendered.
• Every student must do some community based service for 40 hours in all the three years for obtaining the required credit.
Services and outreach activities of the units:
• Annual Camps ( NSS unit)
• RYLA ( Rotaract club)
• Blood Donation Camp
• Nature Camps
• Turtle walk
• Bird Watching
• Celebrations of festivals in old age home
• Teaching poor students ( orphanage)
• Scribe to Visually Challenged (impaired)
• Walk-a -thon based on CSR
• Village services ( Adopted)
• Services to School ( Adopted)
Started in the year 1997, NSS unit of our college is committed to promote discipline, responsibility and social consciousness among its members. “NOT ME BUT YOU“ is the motto of National Service Scheme (NSS).
The NSS programme provides the opportunity to the students to understand the community, identify the social problems and develop solutions, render services, acquire social and civic responsibilities and practice social harmony. These services contribute extensively in developing their personality.
NSS extends wide range of opportunities for the students to organise and participate in various events at different levels. Annual NSS camp is the highlight of NSS unit of KRMMC
“Fellowhsip through Service” is the motto of Rotaract club. The club was incepted in 2001. Rotaract club is aims to connect people between the age group 18-30 from various walks of life through service. The club intends to create sustainable change in the community at local and international level by expanding network and developing leadership qualities. The rotaractors actively involved in the community development and service activities.
Youth Red Cross a part of Indian Red Cross Society primarily offers humanitarian services . Constituted in the year 2003, the YRC club organises various health camps, awareness programme,visit to orphanages, hospitals, blind schools etc. for the students . All the first years are trained in First Aid every year.
Natrix -G the nature club of KRMMC was initiated in the year 2003. It functions with the main motto of preserving Mother Nature by protesting any damage done to her and promote environmental awareness to ensure progression towards a greener world. The club organises various events throughout the year like turtle walk, beach cleaning, coastal cleaning, bird watching ,Field visits etc.,
Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam put forth that the ignited mind of the youth is the most powerful resource on the earth.
To transform his vision to reality KRMMC KALAM CLUB, CENTRE FOR YOUTH DEVELOPMENT has been formed.
The club focuses on his principles which he exclusively designed for India’s young minds in consideration. It is an exclusive mission for young students to improve their knowledge,properly directed towards social responsibility and encourage to bring remarkable changes for the nation’s progress.Make aware and equips he or she to serve the humanity as a whole.