About the Department
The Department of English was started in the year 1996 since the inception of the college. B.A English Literature was started in the year 2007.
The department association EXCALIBRE encourages the students to bring out their hidden talents by organizing inter and intra department competitions. Students also participate in various inter collegiate fests .
The department publishes the magazine SPECTATOR to motivate the students to write articles.
Highlights of the department
• Dedicated and experienced faculty
• Student centric methodology of teaching
• The department organizes workshop, seminar and guest lecture to provide up-to-date knowledge in the field.
• Experiential learning through field trips for the students to get exposure on Print Media. Visits to various libraries.
• Screening of Video and Watch English movies for reviews
• Language Lab hours and library hours
Name of the Faculty
Area of Expertise
Post-colonial Literature, American Literature, British Literature
2.Mrs. Dhanya Praveen,
Indian Writing in English, Myth and Literature, History of English Language
MA, MPhil, B.Ed.
Shakespeare, Modern English Grammar and Usage, Film and Literature
4.Ms. N.Nancy Poornima,
MA, M.Phil, B.Ed., MBA
Journalism, Language and Linguistics, American Literature
Social History of England, Background to the Study of English Literature, British Literaure
6.Mrs. R.Durga Sailaja
British Literature, Background to the Study of English Literature, Modern English Grammar and Usage
British Literature, Myth and Literature
8.Mrs. Vidya Ramesh
Phonetics, Indian Writing, British Lit.