About the Department
The department of Biotechnology was started with PG programme – M.Sc., Biotechnology during the year 2002. Subsequently, the UG program B.Sc Biotechnology was started during 2005.
Genetricks – Activities are conducted to stimulate ingenious thought that would aid to unleash their latent skill sets. To develop organizing skills and active participation in both curricular and extracurricular based activities in the field of Biotechnology.
Biovistas the department magazine is released annually.
Highlights of the department
• Exclusive Labs For Microbiology, Biochemistry, Plant and Animal Biotechnology & Molecular Biology .
• Faculty With Research Experience and expertise in various fields in life sciences
• Excellent Academic Records with University Ranks
• Offers optional Diploma course in DMLT as a value-add on course.
• Cerficate Course On Phlebotomy &Clinical Lab Technology
• MOU with Centre For Medical Genetics, Naga Institute Of Paramedical Science, Neem Biotec Biotechnology & Dr. UK Institute Of Health Science And Research.
• Conduct Of National Level Biodiversity Conferences Sponsored By National Biodiversity Authority Of India , Tamil Nadu State Council For Science And Technology (TNSCST).
• Lab Visits/Industrial Visits / 1 Week Internship Programs
• Training on Mushroom cultivation, Green Audit of the campus is done.
• ISR Activity –Safe Food- An Awareness Program to the public and School and College Students
Name of the Faculty
Area of Expertise
1.Dr. R.S. Ramya
M.Sc., M.Phil, Ph.D, DMLT, PGDBI, SET
Head , PG Dept
2.Dr. S. Rega
M.Sc., M.Phil, Ph.D,
Head, UG Dept
Microbiology & Environmental biotechnology
3.Mrs.M Arockiabadh sheeba
M.Sc., M.Phil, (Ph.D)
Biochemistry & Genetic Engineering
Bioinformatics &Bioprocess technology