Application form can be obtained from the college office on payment of Rs. 250/ for UG courses and Rs. 350/- for PG courses
The application form number should be quoted for reference. The Registration slip/card must be kept safe.
A self-addressed post card should be enclosed along with application at the time of registration Application forms should be duly filled and signed by the applicant and parent/guardian.
Provisionally selected candidates will be intimated and should appear for the interview before the principal along with the parents/guardian on the date mentioned in the interview card.
Admission is subject to verification of marks statement by the Director of Government Examinations and if found to be bogus, admission is liable for cancellation and action will be taken.
The following documents must be submitted in ORIGINAL at the time of interview failing which admission may be denied.
- The interview card
- Mark sheet
- Transfer certificate
- Conduct Certificate
- Community Certificate (Photo copy)
- Medical Fitness Certificate
Candidates who have passed examinations other than Tamilnadu Higher Secondary Board, Central Board and All India Board should obtain Eligibility Certificate from the University of Madras for admission.
Student Seeking Admission from other Universities or recognized bodies should produce the following documents:
- Pass Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Provisional Eligibility certificate from University of Madras
- Fee once paid is not refundable.
- The provisionally selected candidate will have to pay the prescribed fee during admission.
- The fee can be paid in TWO INSTALMENTS (First week of June and October respectively)
- Fee defaulters will be levied a heavy fine.
The enrolled students are expected to complete three years course of study in case of UG and two years in case of PG. He / She cannot withdraw from the college without prior permission from the principal in writing. He/ She will be liable to pay the fee as long as his/her name remains in the nominal roll.
- TIMINGS – Shift – I College Timings: 8.15 a.m. – 2.00 p.m.
Shift – II College Timings: 11.45 a.m. – 4.45 p.m.
- ID CARDS
Cards will be issued to every student on joining KRMMC. The same should be worn by the students inside the campus all the time. In case of loss of ID card, duplicate card has to be obtained immediately by paying prescribed fee.
- LEAVE RULES
Leave letter is compulsory for any kind of leave.
- In case of planned leave, leave letter should be submitted in advance with parent’s signature and approval should be obtained from the HOD.
- In case of any kind of emergency leave, the student should submit the leave letter along with parent’s signature whenever he/she reports to the class after leave.
- In case of leave on medical grounds, medical certificate should be produced.
- No student should absent himself/herself from any examination except for unforeseen circumstances
- Every student is expected to have minimum of 75% of the attendance to qualify to appear for the University examinations.
- In case of attendance between 65% – 75% condonation can be granted at the sole discretion of the Principal on producing proper reason whatsoever.
- In case of attendance below 50% , the students should repeat the semester.
- Condonation can be availed only once during the course of study at the complete discretion of the principal for genuine reason, on producing supporting documents necessary in case of medical exemptions.
All communications for the students will be displayed on the college notice board in case of general information. In case of specific information it will be informed to the students through circulars and announcements. It is the duty of the student to see the notice board, listen to the circulars and announcements and note down the information. Negligence in noting down the information on students part cannot be accepted as an excuse for not executing the informed task
- DRESS CODE
- Boys – Formal wear
- Girls – Salwar and traditional wear only.
- LIBRARY RULES
- The library will function from 8.15 am to 4.30 p.m
- Every student will be given a library card which can be used to borrow books from the library.
- Books should be returned or renewed after a week failing which will attract penalty. Defaulters should return the book along with the penalty to avail the services of the library further.
- Books borrowed should be maintained with utmost care and no damage should be caused.
- In case of loss of book, the student should inform the librarian immediately and replace the same. Library hours will be allotted for the students on weekly basis. n High degree of discipline and silence has to be maintained in the library.
- DISCONTINUATION OF THE COURSE/WITHDRAWAL FROM COURSE
In case any student wants to withdraw from the course before the completion, he/she has to pay any fee dues and complete other formalities in order to apply for the Transfer Certificate.
- TESTIMONIALS REQUEST
If a student needs any certificate or testimonial or recommendation from the college, a formal request through letter should be made to the office, addressed to the principal. The request will be effected within 7 days.
- PARKING RULES & TRAFFIC REGULATIONS
- Students using two wheeler should park the vehicle in the allotted places.
- No four wheelers parking inside the campus for the students.
- Students driving two wheeler should wear helmet and possess a valid license.They are expected to follow the traffic rules.
- MOBILE PHONES & OTHER ELECTRONIC DEVICES:
- Usage of mobile phones are strictly prohibited in the campus
- Other electronic devices like iPod, i pad etc ., are also strictly prohibited inside the campus.
- In case of loss of any of these items, the management is not responsible.
- MEDIA AND OTHER PUBLIC APPEARANCES
Students should get prior permission from the principal before appearing in any TV shows or give public interviews or radio programmes or respond to any query from press /media with regard to college matters, academics & non-academic.
- LOSS OF VALUABLES
The students are advised not to carry expensive things or huge cash/wear expensive jewellery. It is their responsibility to take care and the management is not responsible for the loss of same.
- MAINTENANCE OF FACILITIES
It is the duty of the students to maintain the physical infrastructure provided to them in the college with utmost care. Any damage caused to the college property will attract fine and severe disciplinary action will be taken.
- CHANGE OF PERSONAL PARTICULARS IN THE PERSONAL DATA SHEET
The students are advised to inform the change in the data provided in the data sheet immediately to update the records.
Students are not allowed to organise or attend any meeting or collect money for any purpose without the prior permission of the principal.
Students are expected to behave with decorum, dignity and maintain decent behaviour both inside and outside the college campus.
Smoking, spitting, scribbling, pasting posters are strictly prohibited in the college campus.
PRINCIPAL’S DECISION IS FINAL RELATING TO LEAVE, ATTENDANCE AND OTHER DISCIPLINARY MATTERS.
- Well qualified and experienced faculty
- Skill development & Certificate Courses
- Research exposure for academic projects
- Spacious sports ground
- Smart class rooms & excellent lab facilities
- Expert guest lecturers, hands on training workshops, seminars & conferences for a complete academic experience
- CCTV surveillance facilities
- Wide range of co-curricular and extracurricular activities
- Community services outreach activities, adoption of village and schools
- Industrial visits & Experiential learning
- Strong Alumni network
- Extensive placement and career guidance for promising future
- Valued based spiritual learning
Kumararani Dr. Mrs. Meena Muthiah merit Scholarship
SC/ST Scholarships from State Governement
Scholarship from other private and charity organizations
MADRAS UNIVERSITY STUDENTS FREE EDUCATION PROGRAM
“This scheme has been instituted by University of Madras. The +2 students, who will be selected under this scheme, are eligible for award for Free Admission in the Affiliated Aided/ Self financing colleges for Under Graduate courses. They will be exempted from tuition fee and hostel fee. For application form and further details, please contact the Public Information Officer, University of Madras, Centenary Building, Chepauk- 600 005.”
University Proficiency for all subjects
University Rank Holders
OTHER RECOGNITION AWARDS
- KRMM Best outgoing student award
- Chancellor G. Viswanathan award for the best Student
- Appreciation for 100% attendance
- Kalaiselvi Memorial award for Best Tamil Oratory
- Annual Best User of Books award
- P.V. Madhavi award for Excellence
- Subhashini award for Excellence in Company Law for B. Com
- Dr. Shanta Memorial awards for Fine Arts and Tamil
- Mrs. Meenakshi Murali Memorial award for Excellence in Corporate Accounting for B.Com (Corporate Secretaryship)
- Special appreciation prizes for cultural and unique talents.
- Appreciation prizes for active participation in inter collegiate activities.
Special appreciation prizes for cultural and unique talents Appreciation prizes for active participation in inter collegiate activities.
EXTENSION AND COMMUNITY SERVICES
- Best Volunteer and Special Appreciation Prizes
- NSS/ Rotaract Club/ Nature Club/ Leo Club/ YRC/ Kalam Club
RECOGNITION FOR SPORTS
- Best sports person award (Male/Female)
- Overall championship
- Kumararajah Muthiah Memorial Gold cup for National Level Volley Ball
- Recognition for State and National level players